The World Wide Web was initially a collection of pages. As time passes, this material became richer with graphs, colors, cartoons, and illustrations. With Web 2.0, sites became more of art pieces instead of collection of text pages of Web 1.0. Recognizing Visual Communication and applying it into web and application design may make or break your own web or app’s success.
1. Decide on Color Scheme. Colors would be the first issues App Design Tips that humans notice. This could be the first decisive factor that may determine whether the user will spend more time on your site or leave immediately. If your company or business have official color scheme then incorporate that in the site design. For inspiration, then analyze how famous brands have done this. Keep audience in mind. Note the age, sex, ethnicity, nationality, and beliefs determine colour choice.
2. Use fonts that are coordinated with your brand philosophy. Apps working with children and children’ stuff can use funky fonts. Professional websites and apps desire professional fonts like Times New Roman and Courier. Use appropriate size for headings and subheadings.
3. Design the Layout. Arrange content in a way that guides the user in a systematic and logical way. With careful layout design, you can guide the user to a specific section where you can offer important information regarding your product or just how to buy it. Don’t clutter the web page. Let the text (and articles) breathe!
4. Blank space isn’t too useful and important because it’s in the net and app design and style. Cramped data inside the page is a major turn off.
5. Balance it. Balance is also an important element in communicating. The overall design ought to be balanced. View fine art for inspiration on what best to balance all the elements on the web page.
6. Employ Illustrations. Individual beings communicate 70 percent through visual cues. A photo is worth a thousand words ; the Ad Age isn’t moot. Instead of working with one million words work with a picture. A webpage should not contain over 400 words anyway.
7. Use universal and simple symbols and icons. They should be easy to decode yet intriguing and creative.
8. Simplify it. Establish simplicity since the benchmark of your web and app design. Stay away from unnecessary text, data, and images.
Applying these tips will immediately improve your internet site and app layout. Following are some bonus ideas which will further improve your understanding and application of communicating in web and app design.
* Take a visual communication class from any art school or institute.
* Take Visual Communication online course (Massive Open Online Course).
* Or watch visual communication and images designing tutorials on the internet.
* Analyze the renowned websites and apps to see how they’ve implemented it.
* In icons and illustrations, use human elements. The image of a machine or gadget grows more appealing if a person is tackling it.
* Use negative space to boost site design and design.